Located in the place of São Gregório, Cristóval, in Melgaço, this cross of a religious nature and late 16th-century composition stands.
Built during the Spanish occupation in Portugal, its style is classified as ground, or plain architecture, marked by simplicity, soft features, and little decoration.
The monument has a circular shaft and a simple cross. On the faces are the figures of Christ, the crowned Virgin, and little souls. Since 1910, the São Gregório Cross has been classified as a National Monument.